Northland Inc administers the Investment & Growth Reserve on behalf of the Northland Regional Council.
The objective of the Investment and Growth Reserve (IGR) is to provide a fund that enables shareholder councils to make strategic investments that lift the long-term growth of the Taitokerau Northland economy, supporting strong communities and environmental sustainability.
WHAT TYPE OF PROJECT CAN THE IGR FUND?
The types of funding available through the Investment & Growth Reserve can be categorised into two key areas:
- Project Development Funding - The purpose of this category is to provide funding support to assist with developing, proving and/or planning for the success of projects that will contribute toward economic growth within the region for the purpose of making them investment ready, with a focus on utilising this funding for feasibility and business case development.
- Enabling Investment - The purpose of this category is to provide funding for projects that lift the economic performance of Taitokerau Northland through the construction of public or community held infrastructure that underpins economic growth or the development of regionally strategic sectors.
Funds from the IGR are invested into projects within Taitokerau Northland that will increase:
- Jobs in Taitokerau Northland
- The average weekly household income of Northlanders
- The GDP of Taitokerau Northland
For more information
Our Investment & Infrastructure Team are available to assist if you have a project that you think might qualify for funding from these categories or if you need assistance with finding investment.