Walk 14 – The Club Walk - Humour is the Heart of Russell
Bay of Islands Walking Weekend Friday 13th October Walk 14
The Club Walk - Humour is the heart of Russell
An introduction to the heart of the Russell community, walk between the clubs, stopping for a drink and some fascinating stories.
• The Russell Boating club, sitting right on the water’s edge, threatening to float way with sea level rising.
• The Swordfish club located upstairs on the waterfront which is the oldest game fishing club in New Zealand is a must do when you visit the Bay of Islands.
• The RSA is full of its own history of fighting for survival.
• The Bowling Club which is an integral part of the community.
Take in the photographic history and hear the stories behind the memorabilia which help keep our town alive. Once you have visited each club and appraised each menu you can return for dinner and a cosy night in with the locals.
Assemble HQ: 3.30pm
Depart HQ: 4.00 pm Return to HQ: 8.00 pm
Duration: 4 hours Distance: 2km
GRADE: Easy Maximum walkers: 20
Category: Family friendly – Children 10 years plus Cost: Free includes a guided walk
1. Please check what is included and the time and length of your walk so you know what you need to bring in terms of food and water. It’s always a good idea to have a card or cash on you as you never know what you might encounter along the way.
2. The Russell Bowling Club is our Walking Weekend HQ, all walks start from there. Our guides are all passionate and knowledgeable about the Bay of Islands area and bring something special to the walking experience.
Each walk has no more than 20 people. Our HQ is the Russell Bowling Club where people can meet, chat about their day and have something to eat and drink. Russell is a fantastic base for the weekend with lots of great restaurants, places to stay and for the non-walkers out there. We are very excited about this weekend and the great walking experiences there are here in the Bay of Islands. Time to get your walking boots out of the cupboard and join us in the Bay of Islands. Visit our website to see all the walks you can do.
How to Find Us
Russell Bowling Club, Russell, Bay of Islands
Friday 13 October 2023