Cyclone recovery for businesses
If you own a business in Taitokerau Northland and your cashflow has been affected as a result of Cyclone Gabrielle, you can apply for support to help you recover.
The Government is providing $25 million in recovery support to businesses in 7 regions affected by Cyclone Gabrielle in the North Island. Of this funding, there is $1,775,000 available for businesses within the Taitokerau Northland region.
Grants of between $2,500 - $40,000 will be available to businesses in the Taitokerau Northland region who have been impacted by the recent weather events.
The grants are to help you with any immediate cash flow related needs and position you for a successful recovery.
Who can apply:
You can apply if you are self-employed, a sole trader, or an employer (up to 50 Full Time Equivalents).
You must also meet these criteria:
- You’re facing significant cashflow issues due to continued challenges with customer access, ability to source stock, supply chain issues, inability to operate as usual due to the physical damage to equipment or premises, or delays in insurance assessment and repairs.
- Your business is otherwise viable both before and after Cyclone Gabrielle.
- You are not receiving any funding from the Ministry for Primary Industries recovery fund.
- You commit to acting in line with employment law and with due regard to your employees.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Northland Inc is appointed by The Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE) as the delivery partner for the interim cyclone business support funding.
Northland Inc will work with the recipient to determine their eligibility for support and determine an amount proportionate to the true and actual financial challenges faced by the business due to Cyclone Gabrielle, with the information provided by the recipient being a key determining factor.
The information collected in this form will be made available to MBIE as part of their right to inspect or audit a recipient from this fund. Applicants must maintain true and accurate records in connection with the use of the funding.
The applicant of the funding acknowledges/confirms:
- This information included in this assessment form is complete and correct.
- You have not received any funding from the MPI Recovery Fund. If you have received other funding that is disclosed during the Grants Assessment.
- This Grant is a one-off contribution towards recovery efforts from the destruction of Cyclone Gabrielle.
- That they will only use the Grant for the use of recovery efforts from the destruction of Cyclone Gabrielle.
- That they agree to repay the Grant or any part of the Grant paid to them if they:
- fail to meet any of the obligations about how you must use the Grant;
- were not or stop being eligible for the Grant or any part of the Grant;
- provide false or misleading information in your application.
- You consent to your name any grant provided to you being published on a publicly accessible register
- Under the Privacy Act 2020 you have the right to request access to all information held about yourself and to request corrections to that information.
When to apply:
Applications are now open for business grants. If you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to apply, please complete the below form.
Once submitted, our Northland Inc team will reach out to schedule a discovery session to understand the impact of the weather events on your business, and how best to support your business needs through the fund.
Your patience is appreciated as we deal with high numbers of applications – one of our team will be in touch to schedule your session.
WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH MY APPLICATION?
Our team are currently working through very high levels of applications and are speaking to each business individually as part of the process. If you have applied, one of our team will be in touch to discuss next steps. Your patience is very much appreciated.
BUSINESS RECOVERY GRANTS AWARDED
The following Business Recovery Grants have been made to businesses in Taitokerau Northland.
If you have applied and haven't heard from us yet, we appreciate your patience as we deal with the high number of applications. One of our team will be in touch soon.
View Business Recovery Grants Awarded in Taitokeru Northland - As at 22 March (PDF)
Visit our Cyclone Gabrielle - General Business Support Directory for a list of more general support and resources available for business in Taitokerau.