Tourism is one of Northland Inc’s priority industry sectors. The Northland Desk coordinates industry activity focused on media and trade opportunities, including Tourism New Zealand activity within Northland.
As the Regional Tourism Organisation (RTO) it’s Northland Inc’s job to promote Northland as a ‘must see’ visitor destination, in partnership with the region’s tourism industry, national forums and local government.
Marketing activities include:
- Maintaining the 'visit' content of www.northlandnz.com
- Production of our consumer publication – the Northland Visitor Guide
- Production of the Northland Tourism Product Directory
- Attending travel trade shows in New Zealand and overseas
- Hosting visiting media and trade contacts
- Putting together and implementing marketing campaigns which are focused on specific markets
- Tell the stories of Northland New Zealand's First Land - our people, our culture and our heritage
- Act as the regional repository for industry statistics on visitor numbers, research data, market updates
- Act as the gatekeeper for the regional brand, Northland New Zealand's First Land and maintain the Northland image library
Who we work with:
- Regional tourism and hospitality operators
- Northland Tourism Development Group (TDG)
- Travel trade, wholesalers, and inbound operators
- Media professionals - print, broadcast, online
- Local government (regional council and district council’s)
- Tourism New Zealand.
- Tourism Industry Association (TIANZ)
- Tourism Export Council of New Zealand
- Conventions & Incentives NZ (CINZ)
- Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment I Economic Development I Tourism
Travel Trade & Media